Friday, February 12, 2010


Sometimes, our world is rocked in a moment. Sometimes the wind is sucked right out of us. BUT.....I know that I know that I know......that God is with us even in these moments.

Being a pastor's wife, I get more than my fair share of times when I hear of an individual or family that has just experienced something earth-shattering. Life will be forever different from that moment on. I pray earnestly. My thoughts are focused on that person or family no matter what else I may be doing at that time. I start thinking of ways that I might be able to help; a meal, childcare, a hug, a prayer. Tonight, I find myself in one of those times. I must hold on to the promise that God has said He will never leave us or forsake us.

As I find myself in one of those "sometimes" moments tonight, I stumbled upon a blog that literally made me cry. Perhaps I am more prone to tears because this is a "sometimes" moment, but if you have a few minutes, I think you would appreciate this mother's raw and honest description of the birth of her precious daughter.

You can go HERE to read "Enjoying the Small Things" blog post.

**God, you who knows the beginning to the end, I thank you that you are in control, even when everything around us can seem so out of control. Amen.


Denissa said...

Thanks for sharing that story...So beautiful..
Also wanted to say thank you for your honesty and your prayers it means so much!
Much love to you Gena ♥

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

I know these times all too well...praying for you and all my sisters who need to know what the word in season should be..

So glad you are a part of the discussion group for Cute Shoes...can't wait!

julie said...

so weird, i just read that post after seeing a link to it on a blog of my friend who lives in portland. so powerful and honest! julie