Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year!

(Disclaimer: I had typed this New Year's Eve, but forgot to post it. Oh Well!)

As we head out to the home of some friends to celebrate New Year's Eve, I just wanted to take a few moments to thank you for reading this quirky, little, random blog of mine. This is post number 97, so I am thinking of something I could share for my 100th blog post. Perhaps I should post a hundred thank you's to all of you who have shared this portion of the journey with me. Maybe I could post a hundred things I could be doing other than posting on this blog. :-D I might want to post a hundred random facts about myself, or I could post a hundred random facts about my husband (now that could be fun!). Perhaps I won't post anything special at all because if I were to count actual posts (including the drafts I have) I'm already over 100 entries, so I could just save myself some trouble. We'll see what happens.

Anyway, as this year comes to a close, here are a few of my thoughts:
1) I am forever grateful that the Lord has met all of my needs, be it physical, financial, spiritual, relational, or emotional. Yes, indeed, he has supplied all of my needs.
2) I am thankful for another year to love my husband and my children. I count it a privilege to be a part of their lives; it is an awesome thing to be a part in helping others become all that they can be in Christ Jesus! They also provide that very same thing for me.
3) I praise God for his ministry of reconciliation. He reconciles us to himself and to one another.
4) I would like to trust God in even bigger ways in 2008.
5) I have much to learn about in regards to being ready for the new things God wants to do in me, my family, and our church family in 2008. Remember, new wine does not go in old wineskins. Oh may we be ready for the new wine!
6) I need to work at providing healthier meals for my family. This takes time and energy, but I see it as a way to worship the Lord by caring for those He's placed in my care.
7) Let's see. I want to live my life in greater alignment with God's priorities for my life. God is already at work in this area of my life, and I thank Him for His leading and His provision.
8) I want to grow in His love and grace, and I long to pass that love and grace on to others.

I know there's more I can list, but the above is pretty all inclusive. I don't want to run the risk of being redundant! :-)

So....what are your thoughts as we bid good bye to 2007, and we welcome in 2008? I do pray that your heart is expectant as you look at the new year before you. Remember, faith is being sure of what we hope for, and certain of what we do not see.

No comments: