Monday, August 20, 2007

School has started!

Well, today was the first day of school for four of us here in the Larson household. I think the hardest part of the day was dealing with the onslaught of papers that needed signing, packages of information that needed to be read, and supplies that needed to be purchased after the first school day was over.

My classes went well, and I am excited to get to know some new students. I had the current class of eighth graders last year, but I have two new classes of seventh graders, and if today is any example, it will be a great year. (Of course, they are seventh graders, and they are a little afraid the first couple of weeks. :)

I have had many thoughts seeping through the borders of my consciousness the last couple of weeks, but they quickly dissipate with the plethora of activities that take place in my life during the month of August. Being sick, on top of the busyness, has had an effect on my ability to get a few moments in which to post anything on here that would be worth reading. (I know this is hardly worth reading anyway! :) However, I do want to say that God is at work in powerful ways, and I am marveling at His desire to want to show up in our lives when we are surrendered to Him. I am thankful for the work that only He can do, and I'm blessed to be along for the ride.

By the way, I haven't been posting about the "Fast and Pray" Wednesdays lately, but I am asking you to join with me this Wednesday as it is the last one before the Harvest Crusade. Please continue to pray that we would be ready for all that God wants to do, and that Holy Spirit would draw hundreds, if not thousands, to the Lord this weekend.

Believing with you, Gena

No comments: