Friday, June 20, 2008

My Miner Forty-Niner


My mush-mind has nothing to say, but I thought you all might enjoy a picture of my other husband. You didn't know I married a miner, did you? :-) I am proud to say that my husband (my one and only) was willing to play and sing old California mining songs with ten groups of fourth graders earlier this week. He played the guitar for 3 1/2 hours straight, causing his fingers (and I'm sure his rear-end) to go numb. And just for the record, the song, "Clementine," is one funky song. I knew it was about a man who lost his daughter, but there are a few verses that are pretty funny, or should I say, tragic?

*Pic Removed per K's request.

And this is a picture of my daughter who just happened to like the miner's gambling games just a little too much. She ruled this hand with two face cards, and I'm not sure that it was the best thing to teach her how to play Black Jack (or 21). The other games didn't involve gambling, thank goodness! Kari also was able to mine for gold, stake a claim for a homestead, participate in a reader's theater, make flapjacks, and sew a pouch to hold all her "gold." Quite educational, really.

Anyway, we're off to another swim meet tomorrow, and then.....BAPTISM SUNDAY! I'd better wear my waterproof mascara.

No comments: