Friday, February 13, 2009

Celebration Weekend!

The title of this post is somewhat of a misnomer because my anniversary is next weekend, and we will be celebrating 23 years of marriage, so that will REALLY be a "celebration weekend," but this weekend also has lots of celebrating in it.  

First of all, it's Valentine's Day this weekend.  Now, Dave and I don't do much at all for Valentine's day because we'd rather save our money for our anniversary, but I do love celebrating the day of love with my kiddos.  Simple, homemade, heartfelt cards are the absolute best!  And then, tonight we celebrated the 15th and 13th birthdays of my two beautiful nieces.  Tomorrow, my daughter will attend two birthday parties (for three different children), and we will attend the wedding of my cousin's daughter.   Whew; what a weekend!

Today, the fam went to the movies (a fun thing to do when all the kids are off school, right?).  Four of us saw the 3D movie, Coraline, and the other two went to see Paul Blart, Mall Cop.  We had free passes to the cinema in  Riverbank, so we loaded up the van and headed off.  We don't go to the movies often, but every once in a while, it's a fun treat, and we all happened to be free this morning to go together.  How often does that happen?!

I was blessed to receive a handmade Valentine's card from a friend of mine, so I officially release you all to go and bless someone with a Valentine's day surprise. 

We LOVE because GOD LOVED us FIRST. 1 John 4:19

No comments: