Saturday, October 27, 2007

It's All Because of Jesus I'm Alive!

It's all because of Jesus I'm alive
It's all because the blood of Jesus Christ
That covers me and raised this dead (wo)man's life
It's all because of Jesus I'm alive
-Casting Crown Song

This is how I truly feel about my life. I look back at some of the things I've done or at the things that have happened to me, and I can say without a shadow of a doubt that it's only because of Jesus that I'm alive. I mean that in both the literal sense and the spiritual sense.

Yes, I am alive because Jesus willingly made the sacrifice of His innocent blood in order to cover my shame and my sin. That truth brings me to tears frequently; there are simply no words to express my gratitude for what He has given and done for me. He loves me, and He has provided the way for me to live with Him eternally.

But, I also feel that I am only alive in the literal sense because of the protecting hand of Jesus Christ on my life even while I was still far from Him. He has protected me from accident and death on more than one occasion. Sometimes those occasions were my choices, and other times they were due to the sinful actions of others. When I was still far from Him, He protected me so I would be around to fulfill His purposes for me. I wasn't even wise enough to know that there would ever be a purpose for me, but my loving Father had His hand on me. To be honest, the wonder of that can be hard to accept. I couldn't see further than the hurt I felt and the needs I had during those years (sometimes I still can't), but God had ordained all of my days, and He was lovingly waiting for me to realize His presence in my life and to turn to Him. Then He knew that He would have to do a purifying work in me by exposing my heart, my sin, my failure, my hurts, my violations, and my fears. Do I need to say that I'm still in process?! :-)

Yes, I thank my Heavenly Father for giving me physical and spiritual life, and I praise Him that He is the one who sustains me! It's all because of Jesus I'm alive!

No comments: