Wednesday, March 19, 2008

How to Know Where Grace Lives

I was looking through my collected quotations tonight (for journal starters for class), and came across these sayings. I thought I'd share them with you. May your home be where grace lives.

How to Know Where Grace Lives

* All the neighborhood kids want to hang out at the house where grace
lives.

* There is always enough for one more where grace lives....one more for
dinner....one more to sleep over....one more hug....one more kiss.

* You can see people dancing where grace lives.

* You can hear things like, "Please forgive me, I was wrong....You are my
treasure..."

* The eyes of the children where grace lives shine with joy and anticipation. They have not been wounded by impossible expectations. They have not been distanced by rejection. They have been embraced and accepted and loved.

* The moms at the houses where grace lives are just regular, everyday moms,
but God lives inside them. By His power, they are becoming holy and righteous
and good. They stumble but recover quickly. They make mistakes but say, "I'm
sorry." They get blown by the winds of heartache and adversity, but their hearts remain tender toward God.

1 comment:

RWC said...

I remember growing up our house was "the house" to be at. It wasnt until I was older that I understood why because I always thought it to be a pretty boring place in itself with strict rules and the like.

When my mom passed away there were several of those "kids" now adults that made coments to me about our home...

I always felt loved....
I felt safe....
I felt like a part of the family...
etc!

In a way it almost made me sad I didnt understand it earlier because I was living in a home with a very Godly and loving mom!