Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Red House - Part Three

Today we continue with our little tour.  (Part 1 HERE, Part 2 HERE) Even with no electronic devices (computers, TV's, iPods, etc...), this place was filled with fun things to do.  It seems that the family that owns this old farmhouse/guesthouse values one of the things that we do: reading!  They have built in a little reading nook above the upstairs to the second story, and Kari (after her Daddy climbed on it to assure her that it was safe), climbed up to this cozy corner to read.
Peter also found a place to plant himself with his book:
And there was no shortage of reading material available.  Just take a look at the bookcases in this one guesthouse:
Number 1

Number 2 and 2 1/2 
Number 3
Number 4
Number 5
And finally, Number 6 (not to mention to books contained in the bookcase portion of the secretary in the living room).
There were so many great books to choose from that it was difficult to narrow it down to which ones we wanted read or at least look through.  I started one bood that really captured my interest, but there was no way I could finish it in the amount of time that we were there.  I'll have to see if I can find it somewhere else so that I can truly read it.

What will we find in The Red House tour tomorrow?


1 comment:

blessedmommie said...

Oh, this brings back sweet memories! we stayed their twice with little Sammy (age 1 and 2), who slept in the crib and sat in the high chair, played the Thomas game at the game table with me, and loved the stuffed animals. It is a heavenly little oasis that is so nourishing and thoughtfully set up. I think of it as I try to set up my own homes. I pray your time was blessed and refreshing for each one of you.