Friday, June 15, 2007

Books on My Nightstand

Well, I thought I should clean my room today, VBS being over and all, so I came in here to find a place to start. Cleaning off my glider rocker (a depository for clothes that have been worn, but aren't quite ready for the laundry basket) was quick and easy. However, my nightstand looks overwhelming at the moment.

I thought I'd give you a glimpse at the books on my nightstand that I am currently (or would like to be) reading:
Facing Your Giants by Max Lucado
Love, Acceptance, and Forgiveness by Jerry Cook (I've read this book at least five times.)
A Year Down Yonder by Richard Peck (adolescent literature, 2001 Newbery Medal winner)
Scale Down by Danna Demetre
Selected Stories and Poems by Edgar Allan Poe (for school)
Moments with the Savior by Ken Gire
3 Cooking Light Magazines (why did I subscribe? :-)
2 Lands' End catalogs
Better Homes and Garden magazine
Teaching k-8 magazine
Creative Home magazine
I keep thinking I'll have time to look through the magazines and catalogs, but that never seems to happen!

Yes, VBS is over as of last night, and I had a great time helping out. It is always a busy week, but I tell you what.....seeing little ones worship with their whole hearts and with such joy on their faces is a priceless treasure! I was blessed to be a part of it. I thank Pastor Leon and Sherri Fox and the whole VBS team for all of their hard work and sacrifice to make such a memorable time for our little ones. You guys are great!

3 comments:

Mari said...

Speaking of books, I love Max Lucado! He has two new small books that I have found very uplifting and helpful.
Every Day Deserves A Chance, and YOU! God's Brand-New Idea Made to Be Amazing.
About cleaning my room, well---, I won't even comment on the grounds that I will embarrass myself --- what a mess!

Gena said...

Thanks for giving me the heads up on other good books. So many books.....so little time! :-) I bought 14 adolescent lit. books for my classroom, so I want to read all of those this summer, also. I like the fact that the two books you mention are, "small." :) Love you!

mirrored nightstand said...

cute post i like it ^__^