Saturday, June 2, 2007

Good Stuff

I've had a great couple of days! Yesterday, I was able to go out to lunch with a friend and catch up with what's been going on in her life. The chicken gargonzola salad was good, too! :-)

In the afternoon, I handed fence boards to Dave as he was finishing up the new fencing around our pool equipment. It looks great; now I just need to get some plant planted around the outside so it doesn't look so barren!

Last night, I went with a friend, who happens to be a teacher, out to celebrate her last day of school. I had celebrated my last day of school last week, so since she was going to be home alone, I didn't feel like that was an appropriate way to end another school year. She came by to pick me up, and we caught up with one another while enjoying a diet rootbeer float at the park.

Today, I am getting things ready to leave for Disneyland in the morning, and I am headed out to a cousin's baby shower late this afternoon. I'm taking dinner to a friend who just had a baby (a sweet baby girl named Hailey Rose) this afternoon, so I'd best be going so that I can get everything together in time to make it to the shower.

When I look at all that I've been blessed to do the last two days, I realize just how many good things God gives into my life each and everyday. No, everything isn't perfect with myself, my family, or my friends, but the fact that I have those relationships in my life is a blessing in itself, no matter what all is going on around us. That realization ties back to the title of this blog; we're traveling together on this journey called Life, and there is joy in the process if we are not alone.

Thank you to my friends and family for being there for me, for loving me, teaching me, encouraging me, and strengthening me. You are at the top of the list of things that I thank God for.

No comments: