Friday, July 20, 2007

Pocahontas Likes Ice Cream!

Well, I'm home from my little overnighter, and I feel great about what I was able to get done while I was away. I have a general plan for all four quarters of my English classes for the next school year, and I was able to go through some of the great new supplemental materials that I was able to purchase with funds from our school's Family Service Fellowship Wish List Fund. I am thankful for the funds that they raise to help us as teachers to do our job better.

I was also able to spend some time with the Lord, and my perspective is a little better today. I know how much I need the Lord to save me from myself, and I am forever grateful for his mercies that are new every morning.

My youngest, Kari, had a ballet dance performance tonight, and as Pocahontas, she danced to "The Colors of the Wind." Yes, I had to make a Pocahontas outfit out of a pillowcase (as per her teacher), but in spite of my lack of sewing skills, it turned out rather well. She and the other girl in her class looked great and did a wonderful job with their dance. Because there were only two of them in her class this session, they were able to progress much more quickly, so they knew their dance better than usual. After the performance, we went to BaskinRobbins for ice cream with Dave's parents, and my Pocahontas ordered peanut butter chocolate ice cream. I will try to post a picture tomorrow.

1 comment:

mah said...

Tell Pocahontas that I hoped she danced better than I did when I was showing her my moves : ) I'm sure she did.

Can't wait to see the pics!